Sorry, I don’t have a proper post in me right now, but I do have some thoughts. Here they are:
1. I’m working on sauerkraut for the first time. It’s on day five of fermentation right now. Theoretically it’ll be ready on the 18th, but I’ll probably let it go longer for maximum tastiness. This is my first experiment in fermentation.
2. Speaking of fermentation, I think I want to try making kombucha. I need to get my hands on a SCOBY, though. Maybe I’ll ask Amanda at Phickle for one, since she’s local to me.
3. I opened that last jar of herbed pickled asparagus tonight, and it’s soooo goooood! I forgot how much I loved these. I’m totally making multiple batches of this as soon as the asparagus starts popping up.
4. My mother ordered me a new canner as a super early birthday present! Yay! I’ll have to give it a test run in the coming weeks.
5. I baked some bread today and it was lovely.
6. I’m obsessed with the idea of making tea jelly, but I’m out of half pint jars right now. I officially gave away too many of them at Christmas. =P I’ll have to go buy some so I can do this.
That’s all for now!